Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Behind the Scenes - A Russian Doll gets an Abortion

Today, one of the most popular strips on the Wiseguypictures.net site.

OK for this one I actually had to look hard to find something interesting to put up. You'll understand what I mean soon. For starters, lets bring up what I actually managed to find:

























These are the very early doodles of the strip. I tried to have three different options: one where you could see the dolls head, one from the point of view of the doll, and one where you could see everything from a wide angle shot.

I was of the idea that since the smaller dolls had been aborted, they should look dead. But the writers wanted the dolls to look stoic like they normally do, so we went with that. Now here's the part that explains what I meant before. This is the draft I made of the strip:




















And here's the strip itself:






















The changes are literally non-existent. The dolls on the back went from a box to a table. That's it.

It's good when things flow this well! This strip is very popular both for the joke and for the art.

- Gus

No comments:

Post a Comment