Wednesday, October 6, 2010

La Parroquia del Monaguillo!

So I entered this contest to win an iPad. It's hosted by a spanish radio show called La Parroquia del Monaguillo (The Parrish of the Altarboy) but it has nothing to do with religion lol. It's a comedy show.

The first design I made was this:



















It was not well received by the community of the site... Honestly, I kinda rushed it because I thought the deadline was sooner than expected.

So it didn't do very well and apparently you can only use 5 colors or something, so I had to re-do the thing. I didn't want to get rid of the drawing, so I used it for the next one. As you can see it says "Delorean" on the Vespa, trying to reference them going back in time, as the new book they have out is about the 80s in Spain. That didn't translate well apparently so I changed it a bit:



















Added some 80's motifs, the time-traveling clichés of the clocks and calendars, and added the title of the book (oh, and reduced the number of colors).

This one did a little better. The contest, however, isn't over yet. You can vote if you'd like here:

http://www.pampling.com/ficha_diseno.php?id_diseno=12616

Wish me luck! :D

- Gus

No comments:

Post a Comment